The Thanksgiving countdown is officially on! Only 3 work days left until a long weekend full of food, family, friends, and oh yeah, food again. We can do this!
Pretty positive I’ll have to brave the grocery store crowds to get my hands on those last minute ingredients. That should be fun…😐 At least I only need to contribute to the dessert table! I feel like I’m ALWAYS at the grocery store lately. On one hand it’s a good thing, because it means I’ve been cooking/baking up a storm. But on the other hand…it’s a bit annoying.
These chocolate oat pecan cookies are a direct result of some of my most recent kitchen experiments. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve made these in the past weeks! They’re just sooo good they’ve quickly become one of Mike’s and my favorite treats.
The texture here is everything! A bit of crunch from the pecans, extra chewiness from the oats, and of course the sweet gooey bite of chocolate when fresh from the oven. There’s also a hint of cinnamon that brings a lovely warmth to these cookies. Seriously, try them for yourself! I’m addicted!
- 2 sticks (8oz) butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1¾ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter on a medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add sugars and mix until well incorporated. Next add in vanilla and egg and mix until well combined.
- Add in flour, baking soda, and cinnamon and mix together on a slow speed just until combined and there are no longer white streaks.
- Stir in oats, pecans, and chocolate chips.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Using a 1.5 inch scoop drop rounds of dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet. Gently press down to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 16-17 min.
Happy Baking and Happy early Thanksgiving! 🦃